Over 413 volunteers provided support in a twelve month period of time for the clinical and pharmacy departments of the Anderson and Honea Path Free Clinic. The clinic is fortunate to have many dedicated, long-term volunteers who have helped the organization grow and prosper over its almost 30 years as well as short-term volunteers who give their all while they are helping at the clinic. Many of our volunteers also give time to some of our “sister” organizations such as AIM, Meals on Wheels and Habitat for Humanity.
Our volunteer family is a vibrant and talented group of unique individuals who come to the clinic from diverse backgrounds and for many different reasons. All work together to make a difference in the lives of our patients, but at the same time, the Free Clinic has unique opportunities to provide that make a difference in the lives of those who volunteer.
Our volunteers are:
- Committed, caring individuals, some of whom are retired, from the Anderson County community;
- Nurses, CMAs, CNAs both retired and working at other practices, AnMed Health Medical Center and other organizations;
- Dental assistants and other individuals who believe passionately in the relationship of oral health and overall health;
- Church, Sunday School, Circles, and other faith-based groups;
- Student interns and externs from Clemson University, Anderson University, Tri-County Tec, Greenville Tech, Brown Mackie College, Baker College, Virginia College, Kaplan University, and Forrest College;
- Pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy, health science, medical office and health care administration students;
- Graduates of programs who want to gain valuable experience in a non-profit or a health care environment as they look for employment;
- Individuals who are thinking of career changes who want to explore a new field within the possibilities at the Free Clinic.
The Free Clinic is so fortunate to have so many individuals, families and groups who support our mission with the gift of time and talent. Without our volunteers, the Anderson and Honea Path Clinics would not exist!
Check back soon for spotlights on volunteers.
For information on becoming a volunteer, click here.