Free Clinic Services
- Adult medical services offered onsite include sick visits, ongoing treatment of chronic conditions, and flu vaccinations
- Services offered by Physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
- Specialty clinics include GYN (mammograms, PAP smears, and routine gynecological exams), Metabolic (for patients with at least 2 of the following problems) high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes), Mental Health, and Acupuncture
- Most visits are by appointment but walk ins are available every clinic day when there are openings due to patient “no show” on a first come first served basis. Appointments are available Tuesday through Friday. Wednesday mornings are reserved for acute sick care walk in patients.
- Adult dental services offered onsite include fillings and extractions.
- Services offered by Dentists who live or work in Anderson County.
- Dental Clinics in Anderson are usually Tuesday mornings and afternoons & Friday mornings, but times may vary. In Honea Path, a dentist provides services in his office by referral appointment.
- Appointments are scheduled only for patients with current certification who call (864) 512-7807. Call the same phone number to cancel. The Free Clinic offers a few walk in slots most days.
- All lab tests except for simple tests such as blood glucose checks and urine dipstick are done at AnMed Health Lab Services.
- All new patients must get lab tests done for initial screening before being seen by a doctor. These routine tests are a part of the new patient process and are ordered upon acceptance as a new patient by the Intake Coordinator.
- Anderson Free Clinic runs a Pharmacy with a formulary that while limited, allows for treatment of most conditions presented by patients. The pharmacy does not carry any controlled substances.
- The pharmacy only fills prescriptions for patients seen at the Free Clinic or by a Free Clinic referral doctor, HOP patients referred by AnMed Health, Chaplain’s Fund and PHP.
- The Pharmacy will make all efforts to provide same day service for antibiotics and emergency situations, but due to the high volume of prescriptions received, routine prescriptions take two days to fill.
- Patients pay a $2.00 dispensing fee per prescription to help offset the high cost of running the pharmacy. The pharmacy is managed by a paid pharmacist and staff, and the clinic also incurs the costs of purchasing a license to operate, pharmacy software, vials, bags, and labels in order to fill prescriptions and buy medications which are not available through prescription assistance programs.
- Nutrition Counseling
- Smoking Cessation
- Education is offered one on one as well as in group settings
- Contact information is provided to patients for appropriate social services agencies and other relevant community, charitable organizations.
To learn more about becoming a patient, click here for more information
To make an appointment for current patients: call (864) 512-7804
To change or cancel an appointment: call (864) 512-7804
All other inquiries: (864) 226-1294