Job Opportunities at the Free Clinic
Job Description: Dental Assistant
Please email resume and salary requirements to Sherry.Lawson@anmedhealth.org
Status: PT position/ hourly –Works every Friday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. sometimes till 1:30 p.m. Schedule might change when dentists are not scheduled and only triage services are being offered or if a volunteer dentist wants to offer a late morning clinic
Reports to: Practice Manager. Works under guidance of Volunteer Dental Director
Part-Time Dental Assistant needed for the Friday clinic at the Anderson Free Clinic. Qualified candidate will possess at least 1-year chairside experience and have experience with Eaglesoft. Candidate must have a pleasant personality with good communication skills and must be a multi-tasker.
- Schedules patients’ appointments by phone and after visits.
- Informs Practice Manager of broken or malfunctioning equipment and or works independently with Patterson Dental to solve the problem
- Works with front staff to sign in scheduled and walk in patients
- Maintains communication with the dentist, patient, and the front office staff to ensure to maximize our limited resources while giving the patients quality care.
- Coordinates the distribution of duties among scheduled Dental Assistants, volunteers and self.
- Provides chairside assistance to the dentist they are providing treatment of patients, performing all assisting duties permitted by law.
- Trains new staff and volunteers
- Takes X-rays and performs oral exam during triage
Key Responsibilities as Dental Assistant:
Must anticipate dentist’s needs and be prepared for next steps
- Ensures all DHEC, OSHA, and Board of Dentistry policies and procedures are properly followed
- Maintains proper patient treatment records both in Chart and Eaglesoft
- Expedites communication for patient dismissal due to broken appointment or misconduct
- Works with the Practice Manager to schedule volunteer dentists, those on clerical duties, dental assisting, and dental hygiene
- Gives pre and post-operative instructions – within the limits designated by the dentist
- Provides oral hygiene instructions to the patient
- Turns on all units, switches, and water before patient sits down and at the end of clinics
- Stocks supplies in operatories, as needed
- Informs operations support staff when supplies need to be re-ordered or donations requested
- Performs all duties of a sterilizer when deemed necessary
Experience – beyond school internship/practicum – minimum of one year.
Build and maintain good rapport with patients, volunteers and staff
Certification from an accredited dental assistant program. Must have a current x-ray license Familiarity with EagleSoft desired upon start – willingness to learn and ability to reach working knowledge of the software within 30 days is a must