Job Opportunities at the Free Clinic
Anderson Free Clinic is accepting applications for Executive Director and Nurse Practitioner
Please email resume and salary requirements to Ashley Waters at email@example.com
Leadership for the coordination of clinic operations, personnel issues and volunteer/donor relations with appropriate confidentiality, in the fulfillment of its mission
Working independently and /or with and through others the Executive Director will be responsible for the activities described below. Activities surrounding the Fund Raising/Resource Development and Public Relations should consume 70% of the position.
1) Assess community health needs, identify available services and resources, coordinate and collaborate with other providers and agencies, and develop new programs as necessary, in consultation with applicable committees of the Board.
2) Establish and oversees staff work in securing necessary volunteer, financial, and material resources to operate agency programs.
3) Oversee the work of staff in the direction, supervision and support provided to volunteers to ensure the effective, efficient utilization of agency resources and in the delivery of all health care services
4) Monitor and evaluate programs, implementing changes as necessary.
5) Develop and maintain partnership/in-kind agreements with individual and corporate health care providers and agencies to meet the health care needs of our patients.
Liaison to the Board:
1) Provide staff support to the Board of directors, its officers and appropriate committees. Prepare and present an Executive Director’s report at each Board meeting.
2) Develop and conduct orientation for new members, providing each with material for reference to Board History, Budget, Bylaws, Policies and procedures
3) Assist in identifying and recruiting new Board members. Prepare and disseminate packets for prospective board members.
4) Prepare board meeting agendas in consultation with the Board Chair.
5) Communicate regularly with board members to discuss agency needs, address problems and obtain resources.
6) Advise and assist the Board in strategic planning, including vision, mission statement, bylaws, strategic plan, long term financial forecasting, etc.
Fund Raising/Resource Development:
1) Oversees and supports the work of staff in the identification of sources, preparation and submission of requests for funding to local, state organizations including but not limited to governments, churches, foundations, and civic organizations.
2) Make presentations as appropriate for funding in support to the Free Clinic mission.
3) Plan and oversees the implementation of the Annual Fund Development Plan.
4) Oversees the efforts by staff in the coordination of special fundraising events.
5) Identify potential sources for in-kind donations of goods and services. Prepare and submit requests as needed.
6) Oversee the acknowledgment of all gifts and donations in a timely manner and maintain accurate and complete donor mail lists and files.
7)Maintains and secures donor database using effective program and software.
1) Assess public relation needs of the agency and develop appropriate activities and vehicles to meet those needs.
2) Oversee the development of agency tools in maintaining contact with stakeholders.
3) Develop and update agency brochures, facts sheets and other types of promotional literature.
4) Approve or prepare articles, press releases, public service announcements and advertisements for radio, TV, newspapers and social media channels.
5) Conduct speaking engagements to inform and engage the public of the agency’s mission.
1) Ensure that all hard-copy documents, records, and files are organized and filed in an orderly fashion according to procedure developed by Practice Manager.
2) Assess needs for information technology in collaboration with Practice Manager, and make recommendations for new purchases of equipment and/or services,
3) Maintaining a computer infrastructure to meet the agency’s needs for storing, retrieving and reporting data, and generating documents and reports.
4) Oversees, evaluate and make necessary adjustments of systems for collection and entry of data on patient services, values of services provided, volunteer services, donations, etc.
Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance
1) Assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the operation of a private, non-profit health care organization.
2) Maintain all necessary insurance coverage to provide reasonable protection for the agency’s board, staff, volunteers, patients, equipment and supplies and financial resources.
3) Oversee registration of volunteer health care professionals with the State Division of Risk Management to assure immunity from liability.
4) Assist Accountant in preparing and submitting all necessary forms, fees and reports to regulatory agencies (i.e. State Corporation Commission annual fee, Form 990 etc.)
5) Ensure the sound organization and safekeeping of important agency documents and records. Be prepared for all regulatory audits.
ALL items to be done with collaboration with the Practice Manager.
- Develop/maintain personnel policies/procedures manual.
- Assess administrative and program needs and implement adequate staffing levels, in consultation with the Personnel Committee and Practice Manager.
- Develop and maintain position descriptions for all staff.
- Employ staff according to Board approved guidelines.
- Oversees the systems and processes in place for planning and implementation of a new and regular orientation process for staff (paid and volunteer).
- Supervise and directs the work of others in the supervision of paid and volunteer staff, including handling any disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Conducts introductory, probationary and regular evaluations of paid staff.
- Assess training needs, identify sources of training, and ensure that staff receive adequate training to perform their duties.
- Maintain confidential personnel record-keeping system.
1) Assist Board Finance Committee in developing fiscal policies and procedures.
2) Prepare and present annual budget to the Board in consultation with the Finance Committee.
3) Manages accounts and works with accountant to prepare monthly and other financial reports and reconciliation of all bank and investment accounts for review
4) Oversee the work of staff and volunteers in payment of invoices and payroll.
5) Oversee the work of staff and volunteers in accounts receivable.
6) Arrange for an annual audit of the agency’s financial statement.
7) Assist the Accountant or Payroll Services agency in the timely submission of quarterly tax report, unemployment reports, Worker’s Compensation premiums and all other such reports.
Four-year accredited college degree preferably in a Business, health care or human-service related discipline.
Five or more years of experience in Business administration, non-profit administration, health care, human services and/or fund raising.
Working Knowledge of principles and practices of non-profit governance, board development, fund raising planning, program development, program administration, interagency collaboration, personnel management, fiscal management, and volunteer management.
Demonstrated ability to work with others and to develop and motivate teams.
Computer literacy for online research, use of social media tools and working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and Access.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Basic knowledge of principles of accounting, money management, and budget administration, with working knowledge of Quick Books.
Please email resume and salary requirements to Ashley Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Nurse Practitioner /Medical Services Manager
Job Description (Updated)
Please email resume and salary requirements to Sherry Lawson at Sherry.Lawson@anmedhealth.org
Status: PT position/ hourly – Not to exceed 24hr
Reports to: Executive Director
Works under guidance of Volunteer Medical Director
Supervises the Clinical Services Coordinator and the Referral Coordinator
Summary of Position:
- Provides primary medical care for new & established patients, all uninsured adults ages 18 & older, living in poverty.
- Embraces diversity in all aspects of the Clinic operation and live the credo: “together we make a difference”
Clinical – 90%
- Provide primary medical care for new and established patients and make clinical decisions regarding patient care under guidance of Medical Director
- Review all abnormal lab results and follow-up with patient as appropriate; i.e. contact patient; provide education; write prescriptions; order follow-up tests or referrals and document action taken in patient chart
- Oversee patients on Coumadin therapy and act as a resource for clinic nursing staff in monitoring Coumadin levels and adjustments per Coumadin protocol
- Develop treatment plans for patients with multiple chronic diseases, while recognizing the diversity of Anderson Free Clinic’s patient population, thus taking in consideration social determinants of health
Other Associated Functions – 10%
- Along with volunteer Medical Director, maintains a dialogue with volunteer medical providers regarding any new procedures, resources and limitations of AFC in the care of patients.
- Be a resource for staff in troubleshooting problems in the medical service delivery area. Participate in and share with appropriate staff any discussions with the patients regarding compliments and complaints. Review procedures for an efficient flow of patients and to maximize availability, utilization of and support to providers at clinic and referrals.
- Promote open communication and feedback from medical staff regarding new suggestions, information learned, and problem resolutions. Lead the clinical staff in a manner that promotes teamwork, cooperation, and understanding and an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect, and cooperation. Participate in staff meetings.
- May precept Nurse Practitioner students
Education / Experience:
◦ Current license as certified nurse practitioner
◦ Preferred 1 year of Family Practice or Internal Medicine experience or 3 years’ experience in other practice settings. Nurse practitioner will be providing primary care for patients 18 and up.
◦ Experience working with uninsured adults living in poverty is desired preferred but not required.
Skills / Abilities:
◦ Proficiency in all clinical skills and demonstrated ability to develop treatment plans for patients with multiple chronic diseases, taking in consideration social determinants of health of Anderson Free Clinic’s patient population
◦ Knowledge of EHR and ability to learn EHR used by the Free Clinic to proficiently and accurately document patient encounters and health care information
◦ Effective interpersonal skills to maintain team environment in the provision of care
◦ Self-motivated to maintain a positive attitude
Communication, Management and Documentation skills.
◦ Planning skills: Ability to anticipate needs of service area and act on those appropriately
◦ Verbal Skills: Effective verbal skills to coach staff if necessary, and to communicate to the medical providers, and patients.
◦ Problem Solving: Effective conflict resolution, problem identification, problem resolution, and decision making skills.
Performs other duties as assign to:
◦ Support the mission of the Free Clinic.
◦ Manage expenses and increase efficiencies and productivity to help assure our financial well-being.
◦ Contribute to a team environment, embrace diversity and live the credo: “working together works and together we make a difference”.