How to Become A New Patient
To be Eligible to Become a New Patient, You Must:
- Be an adult resident of Anderson County.
- Have no insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.
- Meet low-income guidelines (100% of Federal Poverty Level.)
To Apply to Become a New Patient:
- Click here to download the New Patient Application
- Presione aquí para ver la solicitúd 2018 en español
- Pick up an application at the Free Clinic any time during operating hours. Fill out your form and bring it and your supporting documents to the Free Clinic at the new patient screening session on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am. Doors open at 9:00 am and close at 9:05 am. Everyone inside at that time will be oriented and screened.
We are here for your health. Please be part of it!
As you become a patient of the Free Clinic,
please keep the following in mind:
- Tell doctors how you REALLY feel. Mention all symptoms and any allergies. This helps the doctors prescribe appropriate treatment & medicines.
- Complete labs on the day you are instructed to so.
- Take meds as prescribed, supported by timely refills.
- Bring your medicine in the original bottle to every visit. Bring ALL, even if they were prescribed by another office or are over the counter medications
- Don’t let your certification lapse.
- Don’t leave your appointment without knowing what you need to do & why it is important.
- Keep your appointments. If the doctor refers you to a specialist, you will receive the appointment by mail. If you cannot make this appointment, please call their office & cancel it.
- Make your appointment a priority, but if you can’t make it, cancel in advance (Call 512-7804) so we can give your appointment to someone else. Keep in mind that if you cancel, it may take several weeks or months for you to get another appointment
- Give us your current contact information. The Free Clinic needs current phone numbers and addresses in order to mail referrals or inform patients of appointment changes.
- Patients are asked to pitch in. AFC is able to stay open because of the financial support by those who believe in our mission.